- Two-tone car paint. Two colours that are distinct from each other yet sit within each other. An emulsion of colours?
- Two substances/two colours that don’t dissolve into each other –suspended in each other to form an emulsion.
- The idea of customizing your film just as people customize their cars ‘pimpmyfilm’.
- The fascination with customizing a car where the focus is seeing what the material of car paint can do as an emulsion/a film/a coating that sits on the surface and engages and reacts to light.
- The series of Youtube videos by DipYourCar.com became engaging viewing. Including this one in particular:
White ColorShifts over White Bases = Subtle Magic
- Which relates to their collection of pearl paints. In powder form they are white In paint form they create this colour shifting effect.
The two tone car paint was placed between two strips of 16mm clear leader and then flattened in order to remove any sense of human touch and mark upon the surface of the 16mm clear leader.
The two tone paint produced by ‘Chameleon’ is acrylic based (yellow and blue/rose and gold) and when applied to 16mm clear leader and then projected gives a grainy organic effect not unlike sand.
Images below are of the sands from a stretch of beach along the coast from the coastal town of Saint-Marc-Sur-Mer which is on the NW coast of France.
Which is where Jacques Tati filmed in 1953 his ‘Les Vacances de Monsieur Hulot’.